The Boise market has really been heating up. An article written by the Statesman “Shortage of homes for sale creates fierce competition” describes the current conditions we also are experiencing here. Their article refers to the L.A. area but mirrors the same frustrations many buyers are having here in Idaho.
- We are experiencing an all time low of viable home listings, so the law of supply and demand takes affect.
- Boise is an influx city with predictions of continued growth through 2020.
- Many people are still migrating here, a high number of which are either newly retired, about to retire in the next year or two and/or semi retired and buying now. The upside to this is the strong capital they bring to the market as they generally either buy out right or borrow very little on a mortgage. This in turn helps create a solid foundation in the market.
- Boise also offers a lot of amenities for families. I have dealt with many that have relocated here specifically because the environment fosters a great atmosphere to raise their children.
- Cost of living is reasonable and very moderate compared to most other cities with a major airport.
- Boise offers a mix of values and services that appeals to everyone but still maintains that small town politeness.
Boise is the only place I ever lived where I look forward to coming home from vacation. Please let me know how you feel about Boise life and what are your predictions. I look forward to viewing your opinion.